Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Perth to Denham Shark Bay

Time to start my journey up the coast towards Broome. First stop is Lancilin. Arrived at Lancilin an I was created by a local fisherman who was kind enough to give me a crayfish he had just caught.


All cooked up a it was tasty
















Next stop The Pinnacles at Cervantes, Out with the cannon HD and ground filmed the Pinnacles drive


After spending a lot of time getting the ground footage and setting up time lapses I spent the next day flying the drone around the drive track area.


Happy with the way things looked until disaster hit with the drone. A complete de-power off the drone at 150ft left it looking like this
A complete flight controller collapse and nearly every part brocken or bent
Back to the workshop onboard the trailer and a day latter its back flying again.

On the road again and up to Port Denison/Dongara , Met  Jim Gumley , his wife Sandra and daughter Catherine locals at Port Denison. Jim fly's the transfer helicopter for the offshore rig at Dongara. They were kind enough to let me park in the vacant block next to their house so I spent a few days their with them. Took Jim for a fly around Port Denison in my machine.






















I had never been crayfishing so Jim and Catherine took me out in his boat to show me how it is done . This is a iPhone video of it

Garlic butter and barbequed,another nice way to have it

Time to move on an up the coast a bit further. A restock at Geralton and on to Horricks Beach for the night. Travelled the next day to Port Gregory where their is another big salt lake that is said to be pink. Water was a little low in the lake but still made for some awesome arial footage. Tis is the video of Port Gregory

Some fantastic screen shots from the footage














Moving on to Kalbarri, The cliff faces were beautiful, a still day to fly and a magic flight.
Video of Kalbarri Cliffs and Kalbarri Gorges


Screen shots of the cliffs





















With the box being ticked for Kalbarri it was time to head to Shark Bay. Arriving at Denham I met Grahame and Joy from Shark Bay Coaches and Shark Bay Stay. They let me put my rig alongside their house and stay for the night while I organised my flight plans. Grahame and Joy were wonderful in giving me all the insights to the Shark Bay area. It made it helpful to plan my flights. Thanks Guys
Here is the video of the area starting with Monkey Mia travelling up to Francious Peron NP then back to Denham.The next part of the clip is another flight to Uselees Loop and back down the steep Point Cliffs.




Screen shots of Francious Peron NP and Denham




































No comments:

Post a Comment